Planning your wedding cake
Planning your wedding cake is really exciting but with so many options it can also feel like quite a daunting task! Here are some key considerations:
- What type of wedding are you having? Traditional, contemporary, vintage or is there a specific theme?
- How many guests do you need the cake to serve? Will it be a dessert, served at the end of the meal with coffee or served in the evening?
- Do you want to keep the top tier for a first wedding anniversary or christening?
- What flavours do you like? It's nice to offer guests a selection by having a few different flavours.
- It's also worth considering the time of year – fresh, fruity and light cakes may be good for a summer wedding and heavier chocolate and fruit cakes for a winter wedding.
- What shape? Round and square tend to be the most popular cake shapes but heart, petal, hexagonal or oval can all make for a unique design.
- Would you like tiers stacked directly on top of one another? Or perhaps one or more tiers blocked with fresh or sugar flowers?
- What decorations would you like? Fresh or sugar flowers? Lace or piped detail? Or perhaps a bespoke bride and groom?
- Will you need to hire a stand?
- Will you require set up and delivery?